2012 good or bad is over and done. Close the books on the year. End the chapter. Turn the page. Start anew. A fresh start. A new step.
I was going to review my 2012 resolutions, but, I didn't do so hot. So lets skip the year in review that you have read on all the other blogs.
2013 Goals and Resolutions
Running and Exercise:
1. Run a 5K in under 24 minutes. This sets me at an 8:00 minute per mile pace. Ideally I want to be at a 7 minute mile, and while I can do that one mile at a time, I don't think I can hold it for several miles at a time. So, if I can hold 8:00 per mile, I can pick it up at the end of the race and come in under the 24 minute mark. I have a 5K plan, and while I started to work on that last year, I started to take it easy. I really want to push myself running this year. I have decided that I am not moving up in distance until I reach my goal in this distance. I am itching to get back to the half marathon and marathon distance, but I want to go about PR'ing in each distance systematically.
2. Lift heavy things. While I love to run, I love taking spin, I love trying new classes, lifting weights is not my favorite, and as a result, I tend to blow off lifting weights pretty often. I have a great lifting plan, and when I follow it, I feel myself getting stronger. I need to lift at least 2 times per week. Ideally, I want to lift 3 times a week, but if I can hit the weights twice each week, I will be happy with that.
3. Take a walk. I used to walk in the afternoons all the time. For some reason, this past year I quit taking my walks. I work out in the morning, but when I get home, I change clothes, eat dinner, and sit on the couch. This year, I want to start walking again after work. Its good for me, its good for the dogs, and it is refreshing. Twice a week, I want to walk, even if it is around the block.
1.Earn extra income online. I wanted to do this last year. I know there are opportunities out there, but I have not taken them. I want to bring in extra income. This year, I sold an old ipod shuffle for 15.00 bucks, and some books for about 8.00. Not exactly life changing.
2. Systematically invest in our retirement accounts. P and I are a bit weary right now, but we are going to try and meet with our financial adviser at the end of the month to get a better handle on our finances, and understand what we are doing with our money.
3. Save at least 2,000 in coupon savings this year. In 2012 I saved nearly 1,600 dollars, and I think I can increase these savings by becoming more efficient in my couponing.
1.P and I are doing an eating cleans starting January 2nd. (We have some gift cards that don't kick in until the 1st so we are going to go out to eat tonight.) For 30 days, P and I are cutting out processed foods, sugar, and any beverages other than water. It is only 30 days, we have a plan, and we are both on board. Let's hope this starts the new year on the right foot.
1.Do an in depth study of 2 books of the bible.
2. Write 1 hand written letter once a week.
3. Don't watch t.v. at least once per week.
4. Read at least 35 books this year.
5. Take fewer baths and more showers. I want to only allow myself to take baths on the weekends.
6. Learn to take better pictures. I have a fancy camera, but I need to learn how to use it.
In addition to my resolutions, I am going to make a few vows, or promises this year.
1.I vow to put people before my to do list. So often, I simply want to come home and clean the house rather than spend time with friends. This really needs to change. People are more important.
2. I vow to not let my to do list rule my life and steal my joy. Sometimes I lose focus of what is important and focus more on marking things off my list.
3. I vow to try and live in the moment more often. I find myself always looking to whats next. Focus on here, focus on now. Enjoy life and where I am.
What are your goals and resolutions?
Monogram Necklace $12.99
24 minutes ago